dijous, 12 de febrer del 2009

Valentine's Day (2)



1.Information about the festival

by : Aleix Machi Bel -
Edgar Mestre Mora
6th level Campredó



Name: Valentine's day

Date: 14th february

S.Place:Europe (Britain,Spain,France.....), The U.S.A.

How long?: one day

Who celebrates it? lovers, friends and family.

History: Valentine was a priest who secretly performed marriages ceremonies against the wishes of the Emperor during the declining years of the Roman Empire.

He left the daughter of the prision guard, a note: ''Love from your Valentine ''

Clothes: Heart love T-shirts, shoes whith hearts.....

Food: Chocolate hearts , dark chocolate, chocolate nuggets,chocolate caramel Brownies..........

Decorations: Hearts , flowers,candies,cards.......

Activities: On that day people send Valentine's cards and presents to their husbands, wives, boyfriends and girlfriends ........

Give flowers , candies and cards to those we love.
Music, songs:
Bryan Adams "(Everything I Do) I Do it For You"
Mark Williams and Tara Morice "Time After Time"
Stevie Wonder : I just called to say I love you
------Disney-------
Mulan: True to you heart
Little Mermaid : Kiss the girl
Lion king: Can you feel the love tonight.
Poems, rhymes:
William Shakespeare (England 1564?-1616)
Robert Burns (Scotland1759-1796)
Crafts: make Valentine's day heart box, paper heart craft, a bouquet of red roses.
Similar in your country? Sant jordi (23rd of April)Other interesting facts: You can also send a card to a person you don't know , but traditionally you must never write your name on it.
2.Listen and complete the song
Stevie Wonder - I Just Called To Say I Love You (lyrics)





(April , Saturday , June , August, autumn, New Year's Day, July, Hallowe’en, Christmas )
No----------------to celebrate
No chocolate covered candy hearts to give away
No first of spring
No song to sing
In fact here's just another ordinary day

No----------------rain,
No flowers bloom ,
No wedding----------------within the month of -------------
But what it is, is something true

Made up of these three words that I must say to you

I just called to say I love you
I just called to say how much I care
I just called to say I love you
And I mean it from the bottom of my heart

No summertime.
No warm ------------------
No harvest moon to light one tender-----------------night
No---------------------breeze
No falling leaves
Not even time for birds to fly to southern skies

No Libra sun
No ---------------------
No giving thanks to all the ----------------joy you bring
But what it is, though old so new
To fill your heart
like no three words could ever do

I just called to say I love you
I just called to say how much I care, I do
I just called to say I love you
And I mean it from the bottom of my heart

2 comentaris: